Cincy Magazine is looking for interns who want to gain practical experience in writing, editing, interviewing, fact-checking and professional events. Typical duties are and will be divided as followed:
- 25% Fact-checking
- 50% Writing and Interviewing
- 20% Editing
- 5% Event attendance
These duties are dependent on an intern’s strengths and interests. For example, if an intern is interested in photography, time will be provided for developing that skill. If the editors notice a talent for copy editing, the intern will be provided more opportunities to do so.
Interns should be comfortable working on several projects at once. Cincy publishes Cincy Magazine, NKY Magazine, Dayton Magazine and many custom publications. Interns work on all of these publications, so all applicants should have good time management skills.
Editorial internship requirements:
- Junior standing or higher.
- A major in communications, English, journalism or marketing/PR preferred.
- Knowledge of AP Style preferred but not required.
- Experience using Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience with Adobe InCopy a plus.
- Comfortable using Mac computers.
- Strong social skills.
- Interns must be able to work a minimum of 10 hours a week, though 20 hours is preferred.
All Cincy internships are unpaid, but parking is reimbursed.
Start date and end date are flexible based on school schedule.
If interested, applicants should submit three published writing samples, three references, a cover letter and a resume to:Corinne Minard
Managing Editor/Editorial Internship Coordinator
30 Garfield Place, Ste. 440
Cincinnati, OH 45202